ADI Driving Instructor
Job Title: ADI Driving Instructor
Based: Naas depot (with time required at Ballymount)
Reporting to: Head of Operations/Training
Go-Ahead Ireland are looking for an ADI qualified Driving Instructor to deliver professional bus driver training primarily for our Dublin Commuter contract but also to assist with our other contracts as required.
You will need to have held a category D licence for a minimum of 2 years. It is essential to be an Approved Driving Instructor with the RSA.
The role also requires you to ensure that the revenue is protected on our services conducted on behalf of Transport for Ireland through the checking of tickets and passes. The role is a key front-line, customer-focused position that plays a vital role in the successful delivery of our operation.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
Delivery of bus licence acquisition training
- Carry out progress checks, probationary driver checks, driver assessments and return to work checks and refreshers after long-term absence from driving
- Maintaining training records to meet organisational and RSA requirements
- Conducting quality standard checks as necessary on drivers
- Encouraging diversity and inclusion so that all drivers feel they have a safe space, even after they have graduated from the training school
- Providing support to the HR Manager and Training & Driving Standards Co-Ordinator with recruitment and selection activities
- Supporting the Training & Driving Standards Co-Ordinator with the development of the training curriculum, including maintaining accreditation for DCPC
- Participating in the working parties for each DCPC review
- Any other training/development or supervisory function not previously listed
Competencies, desirable traits or attributes:
- Good organisational and administrational skills
- Ability to liaise and work with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to work under own initiative or under instruction
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good sense of humour and a flexible approach to varying workloads
- Minimum driving age of 21 to comply with regulations.
- Reasonable numeracy and literacy skills.
- Experience working in a customer-service role, building relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Experience of conflict avoidance and working as a team.
- Smart appearance.
- Excellent knowledge of technology and comfortable with new systems of working.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Qualifications and Skills
- An understanding of the Road Safety Authority (RSA) policies and best practice developments
- General knowledge of the bus and coach industry
- Experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have held bus driving licence for a minimum of 2 years
- The ability to communicate clearly and precisely via the use of telephone/radio communications and when writing reports and emails.
- To be a good decision maker, confident and quick to learn.
- You will also need a good knowledge of Go-Ahead Ireland bus operating area.
- Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) status
- Training delivery and assessment experience in the bus industry
- Ability to undertake varied work at short notice
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official. Go-Ahead Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and CV to Katie at email@example.com