Afternoon Maintenance Supervisor
We're hiring an Afternoon Maintenance Supervisor. The Afternoon Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Engineering Manage. The purpose of the role is to supervise the unplanned vehicle repair activity, ensuring that a high-quality examination and repair of the fleet is maintained at all times to achieve operational requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supervise the afternoon inspection and repair team as required.
- Undertake a thorough and detailed examination of the fleet in accordance with legal and company standards.
- Record all defects and corrective action in a clear and concise manner.
- Clearly instruct, guide and support mechanics to ensure all defects are repaired to a standard that exceeds legal standards.
- Communicate effectively with operational staff and other engineering colleagues
- Carry out any reasonable instructions given by the Engineering Manager or other engineering management staff.
- Be prepared to work the hours necessary to complete tasks required to achieve Peak Vehicle Requirement (PVR)
- Manage sub system checks and repairs such as ticketing, AVL, CCTV, ramps and heating systems
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Experience of vehicle examination
- Experience of supervising a team of mechanics
- Relevant engineering qualification or experience
- Clean valid PSV licence
Competencies, desirable traits or attributes:
- Ability to work autonomously
- Decision maker
- Good communicator
- Clear and concise written skills
- Organised and efficient
- Positive attitude to safety
Key Safety Responsibilities:
- To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
- Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
- Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official.
To apply for the above role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, with the position in the subject line.
Closing date: 15th April 2021.