Assistant Stock Controller - 6 Month FTC
Job Description and Person Specification
Job Title: Assistant Stock Controller
Based: Dublin – with occasional travel to Naas required
Reporting to: Stock Controller
Purpose: To assist the stock controller in managing depot stock levels of fuel, parts, tools, equipment, office supplies.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Understanding of parts in relation to vehicles,
- Receipting deliveries, assigning parts to bin locations and picking parts
- Warranty Administration Feedback
- Surcharges and Exchange Unit (Dirty Core) Management
- Systems Management
- Operating the engineering stock control system
- Stores Administration
- Managing the stores function
- Management of stock taking activities
- Supplier Relationships
- Liaising with and providing support to technical team when required.
- Generate reports and undertake stock data analysis.
- Daily engineering VOR analysis
- Period and Year End reports
- Stock reduction.
- Implementation and Management of lmprest Stock
- Other projects as defined by the business from time to time
- Accurate stock ordering
- Safety and quality compliance
- Compliance with regulatory and local operating company requirements and procedures
- Effective housekeeping practices
- Ensure that all stores and procurement activities comply with bus industry and statutory and legislative requirements
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to understand and manage procurement systems
- Ability to operate safely in a workshop environment
- Driving licence
Competencies, desirable traits or attributes:
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Clear and concise written skills
- Organised and efficient
- Positive attitude to safety
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with Internal Stakeholders and Suppliers
Some of our great benefits include:
- State of the art workshop
- Annual training days
- Annual incremental pay-rise
- Onsite gym
- Tool replacement scheme up to €300
- Free travel on Go-Ahead Ireland network
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance
- GP Scheme
Key Safety Responsibilities:
To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
Job Types: 6 month, fixed term contract
How to apply
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating “Assistant Stock Controller” or in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Application close date: 18th August 2019