Slide on over to Ice Skating Blanchardstown!
Dublin’s coolest attraction returns Friday 15 Nov
Nothing is more festive than whizzing around (or trying not to fall over) on an ice rink, so get ready to wrap up and hit the ice at Ice Skating Blanchardstown, Dublin’s coolest attraction, which returns from Friday November 16th until January 19th!
Ice Skating Blanchardstown, which is located next to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, has a stunning 1,000sqm large ice rink and smaller rink, so it’s suitable for all levels of expertise. Seasoned skaters can show off their best moves while beginners and little ones can find their ice legs with fun penguin aids.
As if you needed an excuse, here are our top 10 reasons to get your skates on!
- Ice skating is a fun healthy activity that burns approximately 300-650 calories per hour, depending on how hard you skate. It’s also great for the core!
- It’s a great place to get a festive photo for your Christmas cards!
- New experiences make the best family memories.
- It’s a great way to break the ice on a first date. Or equally, it could be the perfect excuse to get your heart racing again with a loved one!
- It improves balance and coordination.
- Taking to the ice offers seasonal stress relief - gliding across the ice is one of the best ways to melt away worries.
- It improves concentration! A great excuse if you’re looking for a study break!
- It’s a fun group outing full of twists and turns.
- It’s Great for joint flexibility! Focusing on lower-body movement, ice skating offers great exercise for the leg muscles, building and toning them up over time.
- Endorphins, endorphins, endorphins. We’ll say no more.
Ice Skating Blanchardstown is brimming with festive atmosphere and fun! With a variety of different events running every week throughout the season, there really is something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a family day out, a school skate, a skate-date-night, or skating with Santa! There are also lots of midweek offers, Flying Ducks junior ice hockey, and figure skating with the ISAI.
Best prices are available by pre-booking online, so slide on over to www.iceskating.ie. And their early bird €9 offer is on until the rink opens!
For more information, please contact
Niamh Murphy or Clair Phillips
ETC, the events, tourism & communications agency