Bus Depot Controller
We are Dublin's brand new bus company! We will be running 24 routes in the Outer Dublin Metropolitan Area, between Balbriggan in north County Dublin and Newcastle County Wicklow.
We put people and the community at the heart of our company, connecting people to places in a friendly and professional manner.
We are a part of The Go-Ahead Group, a global transport provider of bus and rail.
Go-Ahead places great importance on local people running its local companies.
We are looking to grow our Operations team and are looking for people who enjoy a challenge and want to work in a friendly and professional environment.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidates will have a strong customer focus and team leadership experience. They will be supporting the team with the responsibility for the day-to-day performance of our Bus Drivers and our bus routes. They will be an effective relationship builder and good communicator, and will have proven supportive leadership, mentoring and decision-making skills.
- Direct supervision, to ensure that regular and reliable bus services are operated, with no avoidable gaps, bunching or early running
- Supervising Bus Drivers so that this group of colleagues operate their buses according to schedules and abide by Company rules. This will include utilising computer systems to report service quality data and submitting reports when necessary
- Liaison with depot-based colleagues to ensure that Bus Drivers are effectively utilised on a day-to-day basis
- Liaison with engineering colleagues to ensure the highest quality of service, and that disruption due to defective vehicles is minimised
- Liaison with the Gardaí, highway authorities and the National Transport Authority to ensure that delays are minimised during periods of disruption such as road closures
- Handling emergency situations such as accidents and emergency road closures
- Ensuring that Drivers’ Hours Regulations, health and safety rules and other relevant legislation is observed
- Ensuring that there is a clear and concise record of all decisions and events that take place on the allocated routes for that duty
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Experience of operational oversight in a production or fast-paced environment
- Reasonable numeracy and literacy skills
- Significant supervisory experience for ensuring Bus Drivers operate their buses according to schedules and abide by Company rules.
- Experience working as a team for liaising with other departments (engineers etc.) to ensure the highest quality of service
Competencies, desirable traits or attributes
- To be comfortable with new technology and able to work quickly and accurately on computerised systems
- The ability to communicate clearly and precisely when writing reports and emails, when working with colleagues and via the use of telephone/radio communications
- To be a good decision maker, confident and quick to learn
- A good knowledge of Company procedures and agreements, especially those relating to the bus industry such as Drivers hours regulations