Panel Beating Assistant
We are now recruiting a Panel Beating Assistant who conducts maintenance on all company vehicles ensuring the fleet is maintained at all times to achieve operational requirements.
If you are interested in this position please email our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Panel Beating Assistant (HGV)
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
Purpose: To repair and maintain company vehicles to the standard required by the Company to achieve maximum vehicle availability. To be responsible for working in a safe manner as stated in current legislation and company policies and procedures
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain and repair all company vehicles including buses and vans.
- Undertake a thorough and detailed examination of the fleet in accordance with legal and company standards.
- Record all defects and corrective action in a clear and concise manner.
- Work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively with operational staff and other engineering colleagues
- Carry out any reasonable instructions given by the Engineering Manager or other engineering management staff.
- Be prepared to work the hours necessary to complete tasks required to achieve Peak Vehicle Requirement (PVR).
- Assist with general building maintenance.
- Carry out general body repairs.
- Carry out minor body repairs.
- Spray paint when required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to understand and execute training and instruction.
- Ability to operate safely in a workshop environment.
- Clean and valid B licence.
- Clean and valid D licence.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Ability to spray paint.
- Ability to install glass.
Competencies, desirable traits or attributes:
- Highly motivated
- Has a demonstrable engineering background within the Passenger Carrying or Heavy Vehicle sector
- Ability to work autonomously
- Decision maker
- Good communicator
- Clear and concise written skills
- Organised and efficient
- Ability to adapt within changing environment
- Willingness to learn
- Positive attitude to safety
Our generous offer includes:
- Progressive 5 year pay scale
- State of the art workshop
- Set training days annually
- Tool replacement scheme up to €300
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance (x10 for married employees)
- Staff savings scheme
- GP scheme
- Free company uniform
- Free travel on all Go-Ahead Ireland services
- On site gym at Ballymount depot
- Potential for career development
If you are interested in this position please email our recruitment team on email@example.com and we will be in touch.