Job Title: Customer care phone agent
Based: Office Based - Ballymount
Reporting to: Customer Relationship Manager
Contract: 6 month Fixed Term
Purpose: Be responsible for ensuring that the needs of customers are satisfied, promoting excellent customer service throughout the company
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Ensuring that the needs of customers are satisfied, promoting excellent customer service throughout the company
- Handling enquiries from customers via phone, social media and post.
- Handling and distribution of lost property including high value items.
- Ensure priorities in customer service, marketing and public relations (PR) are observed in support to the Customer Relationship Manager
- Be responsible for the customer relations process from answering enquiries, logging complaints, following up with customers on complaint outcomes, commendations and transferring cases to relevant departments as required.
- Document and manage all queries from media and publicly elected represented bodies and/or individuals in consultation with the Customer Relationship Manager.
- Help to support both the Customer Experience Assistant Manager and the Customer Relationship Manager to develop and implement the company’s customer service policy and ensure delivery against the Customer Charter.
- Measuring customer satisfaction and supporting the senior management team to improve services
- Work closely with the Customer Relationship manager and Operations Director to feedback key information to the NTA around the customer experience on all services.
- Be responsible for the posting of service updates and information to the website and social media.
- Keep up to date with road works and any items which may impact operation and relay this information back to relevant manager.
- Ensures that Health and Safety requirements are monitored and managed proactively
- Responsibility in participating, and complying with the Integrated Management System (IMS) & Learning Management System (LMS)
Competencies, desirable traits or attributes:
- Be primarily confident and diplomatic communicators, with an empathetic and courteous manner, who enjoy helping people.
- Strong customer focus.
- One year experience in a similar role or in an office-based environment preferrable.
- An effective communicator and good decision maker – confident and quick to learn.
- A strong ethos of teamwork
- Time management and organisational skills
- A good knowledge of Company procedures, agreements and legalities, especially those relating to the bus industry such as Drivers hours regulations and license checking.
- General knowledge of motor claims process in Ireland.
- You will also need a good knowledge of the Go-Ahead Ireland bus operating area.
General Safety Responsibilities:
To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Go-Ahead Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by end of day Sunday 14th January 2024.