We're hiring an Engineering Apprentice for our Ballymount and Naas workshops and will report to the Engineering Supervisor. The purpose of this role is to support the workshop team, ensuring the availability and reliability of a roadworthy fleet of vehicles to achieve operational requirements, attending college as requested by Solus and supporting your own personal develop plan.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Working alongside workshop to include
- Safety inspections
- General workplace activities
- Diagnosing faults
- Rectifying faults and avoiding reoccurrence
Maintaining vehicles to the required legal and company standards
- Ensuring all relevant documentation and established maintenance regimes are adhered to
- Cleaning, shunting and fuelling as required
- Assist in learning other departments of the business to aid personal development including secondments
Any duties as requested by supervisor or line manager
Working as an integral member of the workshop team and display self-initiative and team work
Working the hours necessary to complete all tasks required to achieve Peak Vehicle Requirement (PVR)
Liaising effectively with Operational staff and other Engineering colleagues
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Preparedness to conduct quality repair and preventative maintenance skills
- Ability to understand and execute training and instruction
- Ability to operate safely in a workshop environment
- Willingness to learn and attend college when requested
- Clean and valid driving licence (training will be provided)
Competencies, desirable traits or attributes:
- Ability to work autonomously
- Decision maker
- Good communicator
- Clear and concise written skills
- Organised and efficient
- Positive attitude to safety
Key Safety Responsibilities:
- To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
- Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
- Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official and all apprentices are expected to attend college when required with no exceptions.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position in the subject line.
Closing Date: 20th May 2022.