Engineering Data Analyst
Go-Ahead Ireland are looking for an Engineering Data Analyst. The role will focus on maintaining and investigating the company’s engineering systems, utilising and building on current and emerging data sets to drive enhanced fleet performance.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- To investigate and understand data sources within the department – working to understand the lifecycle of the information of the companies assets.
- To help the engineering department by creating basic dashboards and analytics – working to help understand how this can produce business results
- Reconciliation and record keeping of all lost KMs of bus services using the Company’s systems.
- Investigating and deep diving into evidencing of reasons for any lost kilometres and suggested areas of improvement.
- Promote a data-led approach to business decision in the business and embedding this at all levels of technology.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar position
- Advanced in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience in Power BI and Snowflake
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously or under instruction
- Willingness to drive change
- A computer science or related degree
- A good level of mathematics to aid support of data analysis
- Strong experience of using PowerBI or similar technology to create dashboards for businesses
- Experience of SQL for creation of reporting using SSRS or similar reporting tools
- Working in a development environment with experience of code and data management
- Strong ability to interact with senior business leaders
General Safety Responsibilities:
- To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
- Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
- Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
To apply for the above role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position in the subject line by 15th October 2021.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official.