Job Title: Inhouse Classroom Trainer
Based: Ballymount, Dublin 12
Reporting to: Assistant Training Manager
Purpose: Go-Ahead Ireland are looking for a qualified classroom trainer to support the training department with the development and delivery of the Go-Ahead Ireland inhouse training curriculum. This position will also be an ambassador for the business and will assist the training function in the delivery of the company’s Vision, Beliefs and Attitudes, while building relationships with our trainees and established GAI colleagues.
Key Responsibilities : You will be required to deliver a variety of in house designed training programmes to all staff but your primary remit will be to deliver induction programmes to all new colleagues and to also deliver CPC Training to the Drivers employed across all Go Ahead Ireland depots. There will also be a requirement to assist and develop bespoke training to meet the business needs.
Key tasks :
• Responsible for inducting all new colleagues into the Company. This includes Driving, Engineering, operational and Salaried colleagues in line with GAI expectations and requirements
• Ensuring all internal training paperwork is completed for each trainee who attends the training school to the standards of GAI
• Support with the development of the GAI inhouse training curriculum
• Responsible for delivering CPC training to all colleagues across the business, this will include ensuring the standard of the RSA is maintained while delivering CPC modules
• Ensuring all CPC training booklets are supplied to each candidate attending each module and CPC material stock is kept at an acquit level.
• Maintaining CPC training records to meet organisational and RSA requirements
• Ensure CPC information is forwarded to the RSA within the required timeframe.
• Responsible for remaining up to date with changing Company Policies and Procedures to enable our in-house induction programme to be adapted and is kept in line with Health and Safety requirements
• Responsible for undertaking new and refresher training for all colleagues as requested by department
• Support with recruitment campaigns when assessments are required
• To undertake any training and development activities at the request of your Line Manager.
• Ability to undertake varied work at short notice in relation to the training and development of all Go-Ahead Ireland Colleagues.
• Responsibility in managing, participating, and complying with the Integrated Management System (IMS).
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience of delivering and writing training courses
• Experience of co-ordinating the necessary training requirements for many colleagues.
• strong communication skills both written and verbal, and you must demonstrate that you understand the importance of sharing information in a passionate and interesting way.
• Must be able to organise your time and courses delivered in a structured and logical way.
• Adaptable and flexible approach as there may be an occasional need to work outside of the core hours.
• Must have a proactive approach to work as this will be essential for keeping up to date with changing policies and procedures.
• Professional Training Qualification
• CPC Transport Manager qualification or equivalent
• Experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Excellent organisational and administrational skills.
• Ability to liaise and work with key stakeholders.
• Ability to work under own initiative or under instruction.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Training delivery and assessment experience in the transport industry
• Experience of transport
Due to the nature of duties, the post holder will be required, on occasion, to work such further reasonable hours to satisfactorily perform the necessary duties. This may involve being available outside of the basic hours of work depending on the nature of the work being undertaken. The Company will also require the post holder to undertake any relevant training or hold any necessary qualifications to comply with current and future regulations that maybe required allowing the post holder to undertake the role according to the correct professional standards.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official. Go-Ahead Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
Send your CV with a cover letter to Careers@goaheadireland.ie by 5pm on Sunday 4th December 2022.