We are recruiting for a Network Manager to join a growing Operations team at Go-Ahead Ireland. This position will report to the Operations Director and will be based in our Ballymount depot.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s operational performance is continuously improving to exceed the KPI’s set out in all contracts operated by Go-Ahead Ireland, by working with the Service Performance Manager, Engineering Manager, Transport Data Analyst and Operations Managers.
The role will also be responsible for overseeing the scheduling team to ensure that all timetables, schedules and rotas are delivered in line with the National Transport Authority’s (NTA) timelines and manage all internal stakeholders in line with these changes. The Network Manager will need to build and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders, such as the NTA and various Local Councils.
The Network Manager will also be integral in the delivery of the BusConnects project by ensuring that high quality and enhanced network performance is central to all the changes made.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure all route KPIs are delivered whilst also working to continually improve upon the delivery, by planning and adjusting routes and timetables through the review of data, surveying the routes by travelling the network, and feedback from relevant stakeholders (Managers. Data, Drivers, Customers, etc).
- Responsible for traffic lost mileage across the routes we operate, ensuring that schedules are designed to have minimal disruption for traffic and congestion.
- Through the schedules team, develop and deliver rota's for drivers that are legal and within the framework of the Union agreement.
- Work closely with the Service Performance Manager to understand key insights from the control team to ensure this information is utilised to develop improvement plans for performance.
- Develop and enhance relationships with local councils in the areas we operate to improve communication, feedback on issues and be up to date with relevant information, such as roadworks and diversions.
- Work closely with the NTA and other relevant authorities to take a central role in the launch of new operational projects, such as Bus Connects.
- Create and present performance review data each period, outlining where there are deficiencies and areas for improvement. This will also be reported to the NTA, with data exclusions presented when required.
- Manage the Company’s Performance Improvement Plan’s in partnership with the NTA.
- To develop a deep understanding of the network we operate which will form the delivery of network performance improvements.
- Responsibility in managing, participating, and complying with the Integrated Management System (IMS)
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of route network management.
- Ability to communicate with many stakeholders internally and externally.
- Demonstrable evidence of influencing other colleagues, including peers.
- Ability to interpret data and make decisions from that information.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to liaise and work with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience in public transport.
General Safety Responsibilities:
- To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
- Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
- Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official.
If you are interested in applying for this role and joining our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org with both your CV and a cover letter and the subject “Network Manager”.
Closing date for applications are Sunday 18th July 2021.