Service Performance Manager
The success or failure of our business is measured every day by the quality of our services on the road. The Service Performance Manager is a key figure in delivering those services and, at the same time, striving to raise standards, manage costs and meet or exceed punctuality targets.
Key Responsibilities and task
- Managing and leading a team of roadside and control room colleagues.
- Monitoring the performance of the Company’s bus routes ensuring we respond quickly to changing situations in order to optimise performance and deliver the best possible results.
- Liaising with the Commercial team, the Head of Operations and Directors to inform the service planning process to deliver reliability enhancements and other measures.
- Identifying factors affecting performance, including internal and external difficulties, and finding solutions wherever possible.
- Representing the Company at meetings with the NTA, local authorities, and other organisations and where appropriate influencing and communicating our requirements.
- Working closely with the different teams to ensure the delivery of high performance in our teams.
- Monitoring your team’s performance; providing advice, guidance and coaching where necessary to ensure service punctuality targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring accurate records are kept regarding service operation and the categorisation and recording of lost kilometres and punctuality.
- Ensuring controllers take effective action with drivers who fail to observe the Company’s or NTA’s rules.
- Ensuring colleagues follow safe working practices, and all relevant health and safety legislation is observed, within the depot and in service.
- Building an effective team; identifying and promoting the development of our future supervisors and managers.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of working to and achieving performance targets
- Ideally relevant experience within the transport (or similar) sector
- Familiarity of geographical operating area
- Experience of working in a similar sized operation, on-boarding new/untrained employees and meeting dependency ratios
- A relationship builder
- Confident to work with computerised systems
- Effective and supportive leadership and mentoring
- An effective communicator both verbally and in writing
- A good problem solver
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work autonomously
- Decision maker
- Clear and concise written skills
- Organised and efficient
- Positive attitude to safety
- Good computer skills
Key Safety Responsibilities:
To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Head of department or Company Director.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How to apply
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating “Service Performance Manager” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Application closing date: 12th January 2020