Shift Engineer - Naas
Go-Ahead Ireland is one of Ireland's newest and most ambitious companies. In less than a year we have commenced operations of 24 bus routes in the Outer Dublin Metropolitan Area and have a growing team of over 450 people in our Dublin depot in Ballymount. In 2019 we commenced operations of a further 6 Commuter routes, which are based in our Naas depot.
Essential: LGV or HGV qualifications, good knowledge of buses/coaches (Volvo product knowledge a bonus), good repair and organising skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Good report and communication to the Workshop Manager
- Preform routine safety inspections as trained in-house to Go Ahead Standards
- Perform Planned Maintenance and Corrective maintenance to a high standard
- Be comfortable around Auto electrics and general Fault finding
- Understanding of Euro 6 standards and sub engine equipment
- Be able to attend roadside break downs and assess each fault as they come
- Understand H&S rules and obey by these while conducting works
- Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
- Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Qualified Light Goods Vehicle or Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic (HGV Mechanic)
- Good knowledge of Volvo products
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as qualified mechanic
- Strong diagnostics capabilities with good computer skills
- Good understanding of IT in order to use the Vehicle Maintenance Systems
- Motivated person with the ability to work as part or a team or on their own initiative
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions via verbal and written context
- Minimum B-Licence
- Competitive wages with annual increments
- Annual training
- D Licence training and testing
- Tool replacement scheme
- Life Assurance Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Working in a state-of-the-art workshop
- Free travel on the Go-Ahead Ireland Network
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance scheme
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €40.3K /year
To apply for the above position, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experiences for the role and email to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line.
Closing Date: 25th February 2021.