Shift Mechanic - Ballymount and Naas
Go-Ahead Ireland is one of Ireland's newest and most ambitious companies. In 2019 we commenced operations of 24 bus routes in the Outer Dublin Metropolitan Area and have a growing team of almost 600 people in our Dublin depot in Ballymount. In 2019 we commenced operations of a further 6 Commuter routes, which is be based in our Naas depot.
We have a great team of people so far and are looking to grow this team within our Ballymount and Naas Workshops.
Knowledge and Skills Requirement.
- LGV or HGV qualifications
- Good knowledge of buses/coaches (Volvo product knowledge a bonus)
- Good repair and organising skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Good report and communication to the Workshop Manager
• Preform routine safety inspections as trained in-house to Go Ahead Standards
• Perform Planned Maintenance and Corrective maintenance to a high standard
• Be comfortable around Auto electrics and general Fault finding
• Understanding of Euro 6 standards and sub engine equipment
• Be able to attend roadside break downs and assess each fault as they come
• Understand H&S rules and obey by these while conducting works
• Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
• Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
• Qualified Light Goods Vehicle or Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic (HGV Mechanic)
• Good knowledge of Volvo products
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as qualified mechanic
• Strong diagnostics capabilities with good computer skills
• Good understanding of IT in order to use the Vehicle Maintenance Systems
• Motivated person with the ability to work as part or a team or on their own initiative
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions via verbal and written context
• Minimum B-Licence
• Competitive wages with annual increments
• Annual training
• D Licence training and testing
• Tool replacement scheme
• Life Assurance Plan
• Pension Scheme
• Working in a state-of-the-art workshop
• Free travel on the Go-Ahead Ireland Network
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Employee Assistance scheme
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €40.3K /year
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official.
To apply for the above role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position in the subject line.
Closing date: 15th April 2021.