The training manager will be an ambassador for the business and will be a leader in the delivery of the company’s Vision, Beliefs and Attitudes. This key role will also ensure that all training activities within Go-Ahead Ireland support and enhance the skills of all colleagues to ensure improved standards within the organisation. This role will be responsible for development and administration of training programmes whilst assessing training and development needs in each department to tailor those programmes. The role will require an individual to create training manuals, in-person training sessions and monitor training for ongoing development and effectiveness, as well as an ambassador for the business and will be a leader in the delivery of the company’s Vision, Beliefs and Attitudes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Determine and develop a comprehensive training programme covering all aspects of the business, including the core employee groups but not limited to bus drivers, mentors, supervisors and managers.
- work closely with all the departments to meet expectations
- Work on the development and delivery of training programmes that include web-based seminars, printed manuals, group sessions and training videos covering all aspects of learning within the company.
- Manage the driver training team to ensure our driver training programme is delivered to an international standard
- Ensure that working practices are challenged through positive learning experiences through professional, structured and ongoing training to ensure the quality of work is continually improved within all aspects of the company.
- Support the business in developing tailored courses for colleagues in relation to incidents.
- Support the recruitment team with assessments and training of new recruits as well as ad-hoc supporting large recruitment drives.
- Ensure that the Engineering department remain up to date on relevant training requirements and manage a skills matrix to ensure compliance.
- Monitoring and being aware of changes in company and or legislative requirements and ensuring that changes to training programmes are planned and implemented wherever possible in advance of any changes coming into place.
- Ensuring that detailed training materials exist to support the training activities undertaken, including but not limited to employee workbooks, lesson plans, presentations, sign off forms and learning materials.
- Evaluate and support the development of new and existing colleagues within the training department including mentors within the organisation to ensure the highest standards are achieved, maintained and improved.
- To identify additional training needs within the business and work to develop a structure to deliver this training and build within the overall training programme.
- To be aware and to monitor changes in both the company requirements and industry regulation to ensure the training material and updated are adapted and ready in advance of any changes and continues.
- To identify areas where improvements are required and to work with the management team to ensure standards and the quality of training is improved.
- To build an online repository of training materials which can be assessed across the business to ensure trainers have access to the latest materials.
- To ensure we benchmark our competitors, peers and other industries to learn from best practice and to incorporate any good practice into our overall training programmes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to degree level or proven experience demonstrated in a training role.
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience in the design and delivery of training programmes.
- Ability to design, produce and deliver quality training materials and training programmes that support the objectives of the business
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver training as required and to evaluate and identify development requirements with other departments
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships within the organisation and with external 3rd parties.
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to liaise and work with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work under own initiative or under instruction.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of the bus industry
- Experience of group 2 licence requirements including but not limited to medical restrictions and CPC requirements
General Safety Responsibilities:
- To act in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation as well as any clients and visitors.
- Ensure that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
- Ensure your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition. To act proactively in identifying and any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official.
To apply for the above position, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experiences for the role and email to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line.
Closing Date: 25th February 2021.