Workshop Supervisor - Naas
Job Title: Workshop Supervisor
Based: Naas, Co. Kildare
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Go-Ahead Ireland are growing and we are looking for an experienced Workshop Supervisor for our new depot in Naas, Co. Kildare. This position plays a key role in assisting Go-Ahead Ireland in their expansion to cover the Dublin Commuter routes which we will begin operating in Autumn, 2019.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Works with the Head of Engineering to create suitable apprenticeships and training programmes
- Performing and detailed technical analysis of fleet performance
- Liaising with the NTA and system providers to assist, maintain and support the onboard vehicle systems (AVL & ticketing equipment)
- Ensures that quality standards and contract requirements are achieved across all engineering, maintenance, cleaning and related activities
- Develops and implements training plans for all development needs of the organisation and individuals. Develops and produces training aids and material
- Assesses, records and makes accurate judgments on individuals’ skills, knowledge and performance
- Produces reports on training activities
- Supports the HR, Operations and other functions to develop effective training and professional development plans within their functions
- Seeks out new good practice and implementing established quality improvement methods.
- Works with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), educational institutions and the Head of Engineering to create a supply of suitable apprenticeships and training programmes for technical and vocational positions.
- Administers and conducts garage training for mechanics and other staff as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Experience of working in a similar sized operation in a training role
- Full, clean B licence
- Mechanical engineering vocational qualification at QQI Level 6 or above
- Completed apprenticeship in HGV Mechanics.
- Quality repair and preventative maintenance skills
- Ability to understand and execute training and instruction
- Ability to operate safely in a workshop environment
- Min 1 year of working experience as a workshop manager or similar
- Positive attitude to safety
- Full, clean D licence
Please send both your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with "Workshop Supervisor - Naas" in the subject, and someone from our recruitment team will be in touch.
This job description is a guide only. Any omission from this job description does not in any way imply that it is not part of the required duties. Employees are expected to comply with the instructions of any Company Official. Go-Ahead Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce