Go-Ahead Ireland Commences a Further Three Bus Routes
177 days ago
On Sunday 21st October 2018, Go-Ahead Ireland began operating the 111, 184 and 185 bus routes. These three new routes are in addition to the 45A, 59, 63, 75 and 175 which the company also now operate. With a fleet of 53 buses and increased route frequency, passengers are expected to see an immediate improvement in service levels. All timetables are available on goaheadireland.ie and transportforireland.ie websites.
Route 111 – Brides Glen to Dalkey
- On Mondays to Saturdays there are earlier trips from Dun Laoghaire towards Brides Glen to allow for better connections to the Luas green line
- A brand new Sunday service is being introduced to offer an hourly frequency, with the first journey from Brides Glen leaving at 09:33 and the final journey leaving at 23:33
- Departure times between Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey and vice versa have been coordinated with service 59 where possible to offer more evenly spaced departures along these roads
- The route stays the same and there are no route variations.
Route 184 – Bray to Newtownmountkennedy
The timetable has been designed to connect with revised DART services at Greystones to and from Newtownmountkennedy.
• The first and last journeys are broadly similar but the Mondays to Fridays evening frequency increases to every 30 minutes.
• On Saturdays and Sundays, there will be many extra journeys operating every 30 minutes, compared to current service provision of every hour on Saturdays and 2 hours on Sundays.
Route 185 – Bray to Enniskerry
- The route is not changing but more journeys are also serving the Palermo Estate
- All the roads on the 185 will be continued to be served
- Some improvements have been made to make the timetable easier to understand
- There will be departures every 30 minutes from Bray DART station to Palermo Estate, with one of these continuing every hour to Powerscourt via Enniskerry
- The 185 will continue to terminate at bus stop 4108 which is Enniskerry Golf Club (known locally as Shop River)
Fares and payments remain unchanged on these routes
- TFI Leap Card and Free Travel Pass accepted
- Dublin Bus Rambler as well as Annual and Monthly TaxSaver tickets remain valid
- Daily and weekly bus fare capping will apply
- Realtime and Journey Planner details provided by TFI and available on their RTI & Journey Planner Apps
For more information or to arrange a media interview please contact:
Head of Stakeholder Relations,
Go-Ahead Ireland on 087 7985759/086 7757502 or firstname.lastname@example.org